Web Design Courses
The web is constantly evolving so you need to keep your skills up to date. Developers need to design, code, and modify web sites to create visually appealing interfaces that use simple navigation across a range of devices and platforms, including mobile. All our hands-on web design courses let you leverage the latest technologies to create and manage web applications.
HTML5 Programming course
This HTML5 Programming course is designed to provide an introduction to the power of HTML5 (even though not all features have been ratified) based upon best practice principles. Once you know the basic rules of HTML and a few HTML tags for formatting text, adding images and links you can begin creating professional web sites. The course is delivered using hand-coding, and any relevant tools available.Download PDF
What will you learn?
- HTML5 features
- Current support for HTML5
- Future support
New Elements in HTML5
- New HTML5 Tags & Attributes
- Ways of writing HTML5 code
- Positioning content with the Canvas
- Understanding Co-ordinates
- Canvas tags to control: layout, Visibility and State
Storing Data on the Client
- Persistent client-side data storage
- Session management
- Security Issues
Updated Tags in HMTL5
- Tags & Attributes that work as before
- Tags with modified behaviours
- Input Types: Email, URL, Number, Range and Date fields
- Datalist, Keygen and Output fields
- Other Form Elements and Attributes
- AutoComplete and Form Override
- Using Video and Audio
- Media transport options for a page
- Overview of Synchronized Multimedia Integration Language (SMIL)
- Overview of events and event handlers
- Mouse and Keyboard event responses
- Handling Form and Window events
- Media events
XML Applied to HTML5
- Using XML techniques within HTML5
- Overview of XSLT (XML Stylesheet Transformations)
- Dynamically Querying and altering HTML5 and SVG
- Using single source code for multiple platforms ie 'Write once, publish multiply'
- Degrading code for use on older platforms
- Rectangle, circle and ellipse
- Paths, Line, polygon and polyline
- Introducing filters
- Various gradient options
- Linear and radial gradients
Enliten IT will provide each delegate with a workbook and other useful reference materials where applicable. These may be either paper based or in Adobe pdf format or a combination thereof.
“Went at our pace – answered all questions and related it to what we use Microsoft Excel for. ”Went at our pace
NOTE: We only offer the HTML5 Programming course on a private in-house basis. For pricing and availability just pick up the phone and call us on 0845 1085481.
Enliten IT reserves the right to modify course content and materials as required in the interests of continuous course improvement, at any time, without notification.
The suggested course duration is a guideline. Course topics and duration may be modified by the instructor based upon the knowledge and skill level of the course participants.