Microsoft Project Training Courses
Enliten IT Microsoft Project training courses will set you up with the necessary skills to manage your time, tasks, and resources efficiently so your projects are properly run and understood.
Our Microsoft Project trainers are based around the UK most of our clients take advantage of our, cost effective, tailored onsite training options (we come to you!). Alternatively, you are welcome to come to one of our training centres.
We train on ALL versions of Microsoft Project: MS Project 2016, MS Project 2010 etc. and content can be tailored to suit your specific needs.
MS Project 2016 Introduction course
This Microsoft Project 2016 Introduction course is designed for those who require an introduction to the use of Microsoft Project as an effective tool for project planning, task scheduling, tracking and evaluation. You will learn the critical knowledge and skills a project manager needs to enter, organize, and link tasks, work with resources and create basic reports.Download PDF
What will you learn?
Project Mgt Fundamentals
- What is Project Management?
- What are the characteristics of a Project?
- Guidelines: Preliminaries, Planning, Managing
- Screen layout, Ribbons, Views
Setting up a new project
- Creating a new project file
- Entering Background Information
- Setting the Start/End Date
- Setting up the Working Day
- Manual or Automatic Scheduling?
- Setting the Default Task Type
- Turning on the Project Summary Task
- Setting Date/Currency format, User Name & Entry Bar
The Importance of Calendars
- Base; Project; Resource and Task Calendars
- How calendar option settings affect working times
Defining the Base Calendar
- Adding Holidays or other non-working days
- Recurring Dates
- Manual or Automatic Scheduling?
- Task Durations and Milestones
- Elapsed Units
- Task Types
- Linking Tasks to create Task Dependencies
- Lead and Lag Time
- Constraints and Deadlines
- The Task Path Feature
- Collapsing & Expanding the Outline
- Work Breakdown Structures
- Displaying the Critical Path in colour
- Slack Time
- Crashing the Project
- Filtering Tasks with Autofilter or via the Ribbon
- Gantt Charts
- Network Diagram
- The Calendar View
- Customising the Gantt Chart
- Fitting the Gantt Chart to the screen
- Fine tuning the Timescale
- Non-Working Time display
- Changing Column Widths
- Timeline View
- Adding Tasks to the Timeline
Working with Resources
- Resource Pools
- Adding Resources to the Resource Sheet
- Types of Resource
- Resource Availability
- Assigning Resources
- Resource Assignment Dialogue Box
- Using Multiple Resources on a Single Task
- Resource Information – Change Working Time
- Viewing Resource Assignments
- Team Planner View
- Resource Usage View
- Task Usage View
- Over-allocated Resources
- When and Why Resources should be Leveled
- Leveling Results
- Manual Leveling
- Splitting Task Assignments Option
- Viewing the results of Leveling
- Leveling Gantt View
- Add variable resource costs
- Cost accrual
- Add fixed costs to tasks
- View cost breakdowns
- Baselines & Interim Plans
- Who Will Track Progress?
- How to Track Progress
- Inactivating a Task
- Print Preview & Printing
- Manual Page Formatting
- View standard Project reports
- Produce visual reports
- Display and print the timeline
Enliten IT will provide each delegate with a workbook and other useful reference materials where applicable. These may be either paper based or in Adobe pdf format or a combination thereof.
““Excellent course. Really useful !! Should have done this years ago””Excellent course. Really useful! Should have done this years ago..
Enliten IT reserves the right to modify course content and materials as required in the interests of continuous course improvement, at any time, without notification.
The suggested course duration is a guideline. Course topics and duration may be modified by the instructor based upon the knowledge and skill level of the course participants.