Microsoft PowerPoint Courses
Our business focused courses will give you the skills needed to master PowerPoint and produce professional eye catching, engaging and inspiring presentations. All our Microsoft PowerPoint courses are full of useful tips and tricks for getting the most out of PowerPoint.
Our PowerPoint trainers are based throughout the UK so most of our clients take advantage of our, cost effective, tailored on-site training options (we come to you). Alternatively, you can come to one of our training centres.
We train on ALL versions of MS PowerPoint, please call for older version course outlines.
Microsoft PowerPoint Introduction Course
If you need to create professional good quality presentations that grab and hold your audience’s attention, then our Microsoft 365 PowerPoint Introduction course is the place to start. You’ll learn how to plan a presentation for your audience by using text, colours, graphics/images, tables and charts and finally put it all together with animated slide shows.Download PDF
What will you learn?
Understand the screen layout
- Ribbons and contextual tabs
- Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) customising
- Views: Reading, Notes, Slide show, Backstage
- Understanding Placeholders
- Using Grids and Guides
Using Basic Presentation Skills
- Creating a new presentation
- Understanding text levels
- Selecting/Changing a design template
- Navigating slides – Adding a new slide; switching views; slide layouts
- Using the AutoContent Wizard
Using the Outline Pane
- Creating/Editing text and bullets
- Collapsing and expanding slides
- Demoting, promoting & moving text
- Adding, Deleting & Reordering slides
Correcting Spelling and Text Errors
- Checking spelling as you type
- Find and replace text
Enhancing Presentation Text
- Font – size, style, effects, alignment, paragraph spacing and formats
- Format painter
- Setting Tabs and Indents
Numbers and Bullets
- Creating, editing and formatting lists
- Organise slides into sections
- Merge & Compare
- Inserting Shapes, Images & SmartArt
- Align/Group/Ungroup objects
- Crop/Move/Resize a graphic
- Formatting graphics
- Special effects e.g. remove backgrounds
- Photo Albums
Tables and Charts
- Creating and formatting Tables
- Creating & formatting an Organisation chart
- Creating and formatting graphs – Bar/Line/Pie
- Creating and Running slide shows
- Creating notes pages
- Using transitions and text build
- Use 3d motion transitions
- Hiding/un-hiding slides
Printing, Sending, and Publishing
- Printing presentations – slides, outlines, speaker notes, handouts
- Sending a presentation via e-mail
- Publishing a presentation to the Web
- Save as a slide show / video
Enliten IT will provide each delegate with a workbook and other useful reference materials where applicable. These may be either paper based or in Adobe pdf format or a combination thereof.
“Very well constructed, Penny was great. Pre-course material very useful. MS Project 2013 Introduction course, Shannon, Mouchel”Very well constructed, Penny was great.
Enliten IT reserves the right to modify course content and materials as required in the interests of continuous course improvement, at any time, without notification.
The suggested course duration is a guideline. Course topics and duration may be modified by the instructor based upon the knowledge and skill level of the course participants.