Microsoft BI Training Courses
Use Microsoft’s range of BI (Business Intelligence) tools to analyse data sets quickly, provide visual insights via reports and dashboards and to share that data with colleagues.
Choose from Power BI, Get and Transform, Power View or 3d Maps to learn how to get the most from your data using Microsoft BI.
Power BI Desktop Data Modelling Introduction course
This Power BI Desktop Data Modelling Introduction course covers the basics needed to enable users to analyse data and create interesting visual reports. It is purely aimed at users new to Power BI.
Microsoft's Power BI is a cloud-based business analytics service that allows you to gather, shape, analyse and visually explore data. The Power BI Desktop is where you CREATE data models and build visual reports. Once reports are created most use the Power BI Service i.e. App.PowerBI.com to create Dashboards they can share with others to view and interact with, via browsers or on mobile devices.Download PDF
What will you learn?
- Use Power BI to analyze your data
- Access, prepare and create basic transformations of your data
- Use data modeling and exploration
- Create rich, interactive reports and visualizations
What is Microsoft Power BI?
- The Power BI environment
- Working with the Fields and Visualisation Panes
- Using Report View and Data View
- Using Excel, CSV/Text files, Folders and SQL server as data sources
- The role of Queries in data import
- Extract, Transform & Load (ETL)
- Working with Applied Steps
- Exploring some transformations
- Split columns
- Calculated columns
- Append and Merge Queries
- Understanding Applied steps limitations
- Calculated Columns & Measures
- Evaluation Context
- COUNTROWS and DISTINCTCOUNT
- SUMX and CALCULATE
- Adding visualisation to a Report Canvas
- Controlling visualisation interactions
- Drill Down and Drill Through
- Custom Tooltips
- Importance of calendars
- Creating a calendar via DAX
- Time Intelligence Functions
- Comparison with Previous periods
- Aggregations over time
Creating a Data Model
- Model view
- Creating and managing relationships
- Cross filter directions
- Inactive relationships
Preparing for Publishing
- Adding bookmarks
- Creating action buttons
“Was very helpful and spent time on parts that needed longer.”Was very helpful and spent time on parts that needed longer.