Crystal Reports Courses
Crystal Reports is used to design and generate business reports from practically any data source. It transforms data into meaningful information and allows stakeholders to make better business decisions. Our Crystal Reports training courses will teach you the report building/processing skills needed to connect to databases, retrieve raw data, format it and create and present reports for widespread distribution.
We train on ALL versions of Crystal Reports, please call for older course outlines.
Crystal Reports 2020 Introduction course
This Crystal Reports 2020 Introduction course is designed to introduce delegates to the basic skills required to connect Crystal Reports to their databases to access data sources and generate customised reports that will better enable them to analyse and interpret data.
Topics include planning a report, creating a basic report, using the Report Explorer, record selection, sorting, grouping and summarizing, charting, basic formulas and exporting data.
Crystal Reports is a powerful reporting solution that helps you design, explore, visualise, and deliver reports.Download PDF
What will you learn?
Report Design Concepts
- Planning the content of the report
- Manipulating data
- Determining print area characteristics
- Developing a prototype on paper
- Creating a new report
- Exploring the report design environment
- Putting objects in a report – Size, Format, Position, Alignment
- Preview and save reports
- System defaults
- Defining and using the Select Expert features
- Saved vs. Refreshed data
- Setting additional selection criteria
- Using Select Record options
- Modifying records using Formula Editor
- Applying record selection on Date fields
Sorting, Grouping, and Summarising
- Using the Sort and Group expert
- Modifying groups
- Summarising records within groups
- Creating sub and Grand Totals
- Creating nested/multiple groups
- Reordering groups
- Grouping by Date
- Group Sort Expert (Top N grouping)
Formatting for Presentation
- Inserting lines, boxes, pictures, hyperlinks
- Using Text Objects
- Using special fields
- Report Explorer
- Formatting and selecting using dates and times
- Formatting using the Section Expert
- Creating a summary report
- Defining linking concepts
- Using different types of links
- Smart linking
- Add/Remove tables
- Using simple Formula syntax
- Working with the Formula Editor
- Basic number and date calculations
- Using Boolean formulas
- Using string formulas
- Dealing with Null values Using Crystal functions
- Using the Highlighting Expert
- Using formulas
- Report Alerts
- Defining and using Parameter fields
- Creating a chart using the Chart Expert
- Customizing a chart
- Charting on summary data
- Drill down on a chart
Distributing Data / Reports
- Export to Word & Excel
- Export to PDF
- Create a Report Definition
- Static reporting
- Dynamic web reporting overview
Enliten IT will provide each delegate with a workbook and other useful reference materials where applicable. These may be either paper based or in Adobe pdf format or a combination thereof.
“Great insight into Lotus Notes. V. useful, V. good, V. interactive and personalised. Don, Michelin”Great insight into Lotus Notes.
NOTE: We only offer the SAP Crystal Reports 2020 Introduction course on a private in-house basis. For pricing and availability just pick up the phone and call us on 0845 1085481.
Enliten IT reserves the right to modify course content and materials as required in the interests of continuous course improvement, at any time, without notification.
The suggested course duration is a guideline. Course topics and duration may be modified by the instructor based upon the knowledge and skill level of the course participants.