Asta Powerproject Training Courses
Our Asta Powerproject training courses are designed to help you understand and use a range of features to produce professional looking project plans quickly. Courses are delivered on-site (at your offices, UK wide), and all courses can be tailored to suit the way you work with the product. Consultancy is also available.
Asta Powerproject is the class-leading project, portfolio and resource management tool used primarily within the construction sector. Asta training is available for ALL versions of the product and to all knowledge levels including the NEC contract.
We now also offer 90 minute online Asta training courses!!
Asta Powerproject 16 Cost and Resource Management course
This practical Powerproject 16 Cost and Resource Management course is for those interested in labour loading a programme and working with costs and cashflow. It focuses on working with resources (permanent and consumable), costs, and reporting on project progress. Delegates will be able to allocate costs and resources to tasks, report on these allocations via a spreadsheet and histograms and use baselines to compare and report against planned versus actual data.Download PDF
What will you learn?
- Create, allocate and manage costs effectively
- Display and customise cost and resource histograms
- Understand and use resources
- Display cost and resource information in the spreadsheet
Managing Costs & Income
- Creating costs
- Understanding cost properties:
- Fixed Costs
- Time based
- Task work based
- Creating cost tables
- Allocating costs to tasks
- Creating cumulative/monthly cashflow histograms
- Create net cash flow analysis
- Cost profiling
- Creating Resources – Setting up as basic resource library; Exploring resource properties
- Allocating Resources – applying to tasks
- Using resource cost rates
- Creating a resource table
- Using supplied Histograms
- Creating resource histograms including over allocation histograms
- Understanding resource modelling
- Effort on allocation
- Work on allocation
- Work from task
- Resource Breakdown Structure
- Creating consumable resources
- Allocating consumable resources
- Quantity on allocation
- Quantity from task
- Supply and Consumption
- Creating a baseline
- Showing baseline v live cost comparisons
- Creating cost comparison tables
(Optional Extra – Time Permitting)
- Using the Earned Value Reporter
- S Curves
“Our view of our ability was a little over stated! Very good and very patient! Excel 2010 Intermediate course.”Our view of our ability was a little over stated!
Contact us to discuss your training needs...