Enliten IT partner with StayAhead Training to deliver an extensive range of 19c Oracle courses targeted at ensuring delegates, from programmers to administrators, can perform their job roles successfully. We’ll teach you how to administer, configure, secure, backup, manage storage and maintain databases. Oracle SQL reporting courses are also available.
Other, not so popular, Oracle training courses (e.g. Oracle e-Business Suite R12) are also available so if you don’t find what you are looking for in the list below then please contact us.
Note: All Oracle 19c workshops can be modified or tailored for delivery, at your own offices, anywhere within the UK.
This Oracle PL/SQL course is designed to introduce Oracle DBAs, software development personnel and database support staff to the primary features and constructs of the PL/SQL Programming Language.
Delegate will learn and practice:
- Writing and running PL/SQL programs from SQL*Plus or SQL Developer
- Declaring and using variables and constants
- Assigning and manipulating values
- Using SQL statements within PL/SQL
- Implementing conditional execution and loop constructs
- Declaring and using cursors with and without parameters
- Updating data with cursors
- Trapping and handling errors and exceptions in code
- Implementing nested and labelled loops and blocks
- Raising exceptions
- Handling PL/SQL records and tables
- Using PL/SQL table built-in functions
What will you learn?
- What is PL/SQL?
- Basic Elements
- Variables and Constants
- Data Types
- Initialising Variables and Assigning Values
- Using SQL Statements in Code
- Generating Output to SQL or SQL Developer
- IF THEN ELSIF ELSE Statements
- CASE Statements
- The Basic Loop Construct
- WHILE and FOR Loops
- Nested and Labelled Loops
- The GOTO Statement
- The CONTINUE Statement
- What is a Cursor?
- Implicit and Explicit Cursors
- Cursor Operations
- Declaring, Opening and Closing Cursors
- Fetching Rows
- Status Checking
- Using Cursors FOR UPDATE
- The Cursor FOR Loop
- Parameterised Cursors
EXCEPTIONS AND NESTED BLOCKS
- The EXCEPTION Section
- Types of Exception
- Handling Named System-Raised Exceptions
- Handling Un-named System-Raised Exceptions
- User-Declared Exceptions and Application Errors
- WHEN OTHERS THEN NULL
- Nested and Labelled Blocks
- Propagation of Exceptions
- Scope of Variables and Cursors
- Scope of Goto Statements
PL/SQL RECORDS AND INDEX-BY TABLES
- Declaring Record Types
- Handling PL/SQL Records
- Nested Records
- Declaring PL/SQL Index-By Tables or Associative Arrays
- PL/SQL Table Built-in Functions
- Manipulating PL/SQL Tables or Associative Arrays
“David is clearly very knowledgeable and experienced which instilled confidence in what I have learned. Jade, ShawCity”David is clearly very knowledgeable and experienced
Contact us to discuss your training needs...