Microsoft Word Courses
Do you really know how to use MS Word properly or do you just struggle along doing what you always did? Whether you are self-taught or you think you know a fair bit our Microsoft Word courses offer a convenient way to gain the skills you really need to master this feature rich application.
Our Microsoft Word trainers are based throughout the UK so most clients take advantage of our, cost effective, tailored on-site training options (we come to you!). Alternatively, you can come to one of our facilities.
We train on ALL versions of MS Word, please call us for older version course outlines.
Microsoft Word Intermediate course
This Microsoft Word Intermediate course expands on your basic skills and introduces delegates to useful features that enable you to create complex and professional longer documents with a consistent look and feel. You will use time saving features such as styles, sections and tables as well as looking at more complex printing options using headers and footers. Finally, you will address how to create a mail merge as well as printing envelopes and labels.Download PDF
What will you learn?
Working with Tables
- Inserting/Deleting Rows and Columns
- Merging and Splitting
- Changing width and height
- Changing table alignment
- Drawing a table
- Adding Borders and Shading
- Table Properties
- Converting Text to a Table
- Performing Calculations
- Repeating Header Rows
- Understanding Sections
- Inserting Section Breaks – Next, Continuous, Odd/Even
- Changing the Page Setup for Sections
- Using Sectional Headers and Footers
- Numbering Pages in Sections
- Create and apply Paragraph styles
- Create and apply Character styles
- Modify styles
- Organise styles
- Auto style updating
Using Multiple Columns
- Creating newspaper style columns
- Formatting Columns
- Inserting Column Breaks and non-breaking spaces
- Balancing Newspaper Columns
- Text flow options
Creating Headers and Footers
- Inserting Headers and Footers
- Page Numbering & Dates
- Controlling headers/footers
- Odd and Even headers/footers
- Different headers/footers for different sections
- Creating/Modifying/Applying a template
- Creating a Template based on a document
- Creating a Template based on a template
- Copying styles between templates
Introduction to Mail Merge
- Creating a form letter
- Creating a data source
- Use criteria to merge
- Importing data from Excel/Access
Creating Envelopes and Labels
- Creating Envelopes
- Creating Mailing Labels
Enliten IT will provide each delegate with a workbook and other useful reference materials where applicable. These may be either paper based or in Adobe pdf format or a combination thereof.
“I really liked the structure of working our way through problems rather than just waiting for the instructor to solve them. Excel 2010 Advanced course - Julian ”Excel 2010 Advanced course
Enliten IT reserves the right to modify course content and materials as required in the interests of continuous course improvement, at any time, without notification.NOTE: We only offer this Microsoft Word Intermediate course on a private in-house basis.
Contact us to discuss your training needs...