Microsoft Project Training Courses
Enliten IT Microsoft Project training courses will set you up with the necessary skills to manage your time, tasks, and resources efficiently so your projects are properly run and understood.
Our Microsoft Project trainers are based around the UK most of our clients take advantage of our, cost effective, tailored onsite training options (we come to you!). Alternatively, you are welcome to come to one of our training centres.
We train on ALL versions of Microsoft Project: MS Project 2019, MS Project 2016 etc. and content can be tailored to suit your specific needs.
MS Project 2019 Advanced course
This Microsoft Project 2019 Advanced course is introduces delegates to the advanced knowledge and skills a project manager needs to update a project plan during the execution, monitoring, and controlling phases of a project. This includes features such as, baselines, reporting, fields and filters, earned value analysis, managing multiple projects and templates.Download PDF
What will you learn?
Keeping the Project Up to Date
- Who will track progress?
- Baselines & Interim Plans
- How to Track Progress
- Tools to help in updating the Schedule
- The Update Tasks dialogue box
- Tracking Table
- Task Usage and Resource Usage Views
- The Update Project Dialog Box
- Progress Lines
- Multiple Progress Lines
- Setting Progress Dates and formatting Progress Lines
- Dates and Intervals tab
- Actual vs Baseline
- Line Styles tab
Views, Tables, Filters & Reports
- Views, Tables, Filters
- Dashboard; Resource; Cost; Progress
- Using a report in PowerPoint or Word
- Printing Reports
- Creating your own reports
- Visual Reports
Working with Fields
- Custom Flag to indicate a slipped task
- Cumulative Fields
Working with Filters
- Custom Filter Definitions
- Filter Test Options
- Multiple Criteria in a Filter
- Interactive Filters
- Wildcards with Equals/Not Equals Test
- Comparing Two Fields in a Filter
- Calculations in Filters
- The Using Resource filter
- AutoFilter and New Filters
Working with Multiple Projects
- Shared Resource Pools
- Using another project’s resources in your project
- Combining resources from multiple projects
- Updating the Resource Pool
- Opening a Shared Resource Pool
- Open the resource pool as read-only; read/write
- Open the resource pool and all other sharer files
- Opening a file which uses a shared Resource Pool
- Open the resource pool to see assignments across all sharer files
Consolidating Projects Manually
- Creating hierarchies
- Keeping information up-to-date automatically
- Making a consolidated project quickly for printing
- Inserting projects into an existing project
- Creating task dependencies across projects
- Changing task information in an inserted project
- Linking Project Field Values
Earned Value Analysis
- Displaying earned value
- Using reports
- Using views
- Interpreting earned value
- Status Date
- Setting % complete type for earned value analysis
- Changing the default % complete setting
- Changing the % complete setting for specific tasks
- More about % complete
- Advantages of Earned Value Analysis
- The Most Common Earned Value Mistakes
Working with Templates
- Using Templates
- Creating a Template
- What is GLOBAL.MPT ?
- Using the Organizer
The Task Path feature
Enliten IT will provide each delegate with a workbook and other useful reference materials where applicable. These may be either paper based or in Adobe pdf format or a combination thereof.
“Loved the Photoshop course – learned lots, just a shame I only had one day. Fiona, Cryptomatic”Loved the Photoshop course
Enliten IT reserves the right to modify course content and materials as required in the interests of continuous course improvement, at any time, without notification.
The suggested course duration is a guideline. Course topics and duration may be modified by the instructor based upon the knowledge and skill level of the course participants.NOTE: We only offer this Microsoft Project 2019 Advanced course on a private in-house basis.
Contact us to discuss your training needs...