Microsoft Power BI Training Courses
Use Microsoft’s range of BI (Business Intelligence) tools to analyse data sets quickly, provide visual insights via reports and dashboards and to share that data with colleagues.
Choose from Power BI or Power Query to learn how to get the most from your data using Microsoft BI.
Microsoft Power BI Introduction course
Our Microsoft Power BI Introduction course will introduce delegates to Power BI which is a cloud-based business analytics service that allows you to gather, shape, analyse and visually explore data. The Power BI Desktop is where you CREATE data models and build visual reports. Once reports are created most use the Power BI Service i.e. App.PowerBI.com to create Dashboards they can share with others to view and interact with, via browsers or on mobile devices.
This basic course is aimed at users new to Power BI to enable them to analyse data and create interesting visual reports.Download PDF
What will you learn?
- Use Power BI to analyse your data
- Access, prepare and create basic transformations of your data
- Use data modelling and exploration
- Create rich, interactive reports and visualizations
What is Microsoft Power BI?
- The Power BI environment
- Working with the Fields and Visualisation Panes
- Using Report View and Data View
- Using the following data sources:
- Excel, CSV/Text files
- Folders and SQL server
Data Model Relationships
- Understanding the Data Model
- Data and Relationship Views
- Creating and Managing relationships
Introduction to DAX
- Why are custom calculations useful?
- Creating Calculated Columns & Measures
- Understanding Evaluation Context
- Using COUNTROWS and DistinctCount
- SUMX and CALCULATE
- Importance of calendars
- Creating a calendar via DAX
- The role of Queries in data import
- Extract, Transform & Load (ETL)
- Working with Applied Steps
- Exploring some data transformations
- Unpivot and Split columns
- Replacing values
- Calculated columns
- Append and Merge Queries
Publishing to the Power BI Service
- Publish your Report to PowerBI.com
Enliten IT will provide each delegate with a workbook (Adobe pdf format) and other useful reference materials where applicable.
“Very good course. Learnt a lot I did not know already and Marko was very good at explaining things without being boring like I thought it would be. David, Ridgeons”Marko was very good at explaining things without being boring
NOTE: We only offer this Microsoft Power BI Introduction course on a private in-house basis.
Enliten IT reserves the right to modify course content and materials as required in the interests of continuous course improvement, at any time, without notification.
The suggested course duration is a guideline. Course topics and duration may be modified by the instructor based upon the knowledge and skill level of the course participants.
Contact us to discuss your training needs...