Microsoft Power BI Training Courses
Use Microsoft’s range of BI (Business Intelligence) tools to analyse data sets quickly, provide visual insights via reports and dashboards and to share that data with colleagues.
Choose from Power BI or Power Query to learn how to get the most from your data using Microsoft BI.
Microsoft Power BI Advanced course
This Power BI Advanced course is aimed at experienced Power BI users. The course covers the use of advanced DAX formulas, variables, queries, calendars and delves into the M language behind the Query Editor. Delegates will learn how to customise the data model through advanced visualisations and dashboard tiles.Download PDF
What will you learn?
- Use advanced relationships to control data
- Use advanced DAX functions
- Work with variables and queries
- Use advanced Visualisation techniques to convey data efficiently
- Design and deploy Dashboards
- DAX basics
- Evaluation context
- Relationships overview
- Advanced relationships options
- Cross filter directions
- Ambiguity in bidirectional filters
- CROSSFILTER function
- Many-to-Many relationships
- Table functions – the differences
- ALL; VALUES; DISTINCT; ALLNONBLANKROW; ALLEXCEPT
- RELATED, RALATEDTABLE
- Understanding context transition: CALCULATE and CALCULATETABLE
- Advanced Time intelligence Functions
- Why use variables?
- Understanding variables
- Variables scope
- Digital Storytelling
- Buttons and Bookmarks
- Selection Pane
- Drill through
- Tooltip Page
- Use of Custom Visuals
- Multiple pages slicers
More on Queries
- Advanced query techniques
- Introduction to M
Connecting to other sources
- Import vs Direct Query and Live connections – a discussion
Publishing and Sharing
- Setting User Role in BI Desktop
- Publishing a report
- Creating Dashboards
- Sharing Dashboards
- Creating Workspace
- Publish App
“For trainers knowledge I would have scored a 10 if there was that option. Marko was brilliant and made what was a complex matter enjoyable and more importantly more easily grasped.”For trainers knowledge I would have scored a 10 if there was that option.
Contact us to discuss your training needs...