Crystal Reports Courses
Crystal Reports is used to design and generate business reports from practically any data source. It transforms data into meaningful information and allows stakeholders to make better business decisions. Our Crystal Reports training courses will teach you the report building/processing skills needed to connect to databases, retrieve raw data, format it and create and present reports for widespread distribution.
We train on ALL versions of Crystal Reports, please call for older course outlines.
Crystal Reports 2020 Advanced course
This Crystal Reports 2020 Advanced course is designed to increase report design skills and discover the reporting power of Crystal Reports. Topics covered include grouping options and sub reports, formulas such as variables and functions, querying using SQL reporting and charting.Download PDF
What will you learn?
- Use advanced formula techniques including variables
- Create running totals in a report
- Understand and optimise the three stage processing of reports
- Learn basic SQL and ODBC techniques to expand data source capabilities
- Create data dictionaries for use as report sources
- Use advanced parameter techniques and create “alerting” reports
- Use advanced section techniques and create sophisticated paging reports
- Use sub –reports (active and passive)
- Use advanced cross-tab techniques in reports.
- Graph single and multiple data series
- Course Files & Report Types reviewed
- Default Options & Settings
- Understanding formula language & syntax
- Using functions and operators
- Using variables
- Creating, Declaring, & Assigning Formula Variables
- Using control structure
- Creating Running Totals
- Multi Pass Explained
- Evaluation Time Functions
- Using Multiple Variables
- Defining parameter fields
- Referencing a parameter
- Responding to a parameter
- Using values
- Deleting parameters
- Using Parameter Fields to select records
- Parameter Fields – to sort records & set conditional formats
Advanced Formatting (Conditional)
- Conditional On/Off Formatting
- Conditional Attribute Formatting
- Applying specified order grouping
- Using the Group Sort Expert
- Creating a group selection based on summary
- Grouping data hierarchically
- Create a Cross-tab – using the Expert
- Filter Cross-tab by group
- Format Rows and Columns
- Multi-Level Cross Tabs
- Cross Tab Summary Operations
- Cross Tabs & Parameter Fields / Formula Fields / Group Headers
- Insert & Edit a Subreport
- Linked/Unlinked Subreports
- Format a Subreport Object
- Share Formulas Between Main and Subreports
- Create an On-demand Subreport
- Adding captions to subreports
- Updating subreports
- Using shared variables in a subreport
SQL/ODBC & SQL Designer
- SQL Introduction & SQL Statements
- ODBC Data Source Introduction
- SQL Designer Introduction
- Create a SQL Expression
- Select Records on the Server
- Write/Edit a SQL Query
- Build a Report on a SQL Query
- Create SQL Commands in the Crystal Report Environment
- Create a Crystal Dictionary
- Modify/Format a Chart
- Create a Top N Chart
- Create a chart Template
- Chart Data, Text and Calculations
- Charts from Cross Tabs
- What Are Report Alerts
- Creating, Modifying and using Alerts
- Manipulating multiple sections, and general uses for multiple sections
- General section formatting (Reviewed)
Enliten IT will provide each delegate with a workbook and other useful reference materials where applicable. These may be either paper based or in Adobe pdf format or a combination thereof.
“David was very patient and very good and helpful. Sue, Musto”David was very patient and very good and helpful.
NOTE: We only offer the SAP Crystal Reports 2020 Advanced course on a private in-house basis. For pricing and availability just pick up the phone and call us on 0845 1085481.
Enliten IT reserves the right to modify course content and materials as required in the interests of continuous course improvement, at any time, without notification.
The suggested course duration is a guideline. Course topics and duration may be modified by the instructor based upon the knowledge and skill level of the course participants.
Contact us to discuss your training needs...