Adobe InDesign training courses
Adobe InDesign is the industry standard for laying out printed materials by managing page layouts to create posters, leaflets, flyers, brochures, newspapers, magazines, books and eBooks (for print or digital publishing). Add interactivity, animation, video, and sound to fully engage your audience and interact with Photoshop/Illustrator to bring together your finished article.
Our Introduction course covers the basics that give you the skills to produce professional looking marketing materials. More experienced users should look to our Intermediate course to learn the best techniques needed to work with and manipulate long documents.
We also provide training for older versions of Adobe InDesign, just call for a course outline.
Adobe InDesign CC Introduction course
Adobe InDesign provides the perfect interface for designing professional layouts with sophisticated graphics and typography. This Adobe InDesign CC Introduction course is designed to introduce delegates to the concepts involved in desktop publishing. Delegates will learn crucial skills which will enable them to create a variety of documents from one-page flyers and advertisements to multi-page colour publications and brochures. As well as covering the layout and typographical controls the course also includes basic design principles and tips to make documents always look professional.Download PDF
What will you learn?
At the end of this Adobe InDesign CC Introduction course, delegates will be able to:
- Design documents containing text and Graphics using frames
- Setup multiple page documents
- Import and format text using paragraph and character styles
- Place and arrange images
- Prepare and publish documents for screen or print
InDesign projects – Set up considerations
- Identify project requirements
- Establish target audience and needs
- Define media format and publishing requirements
- Identify user interface elements
- Create and select Workspaces
- Navigate and zoom documents
- Rulers, guides and grids
Working with Documents
- Setting up an InDesign document
- Working with master pages
- Adding automatic page numbers
Working with Text
- Creating and modifying text frames
- Threading text frames
- Managing overset text
- Formatting text using paragraph and character styles
- Placing text from a Word document
- Spell checking
- Adding special characters
- Assigning text wrap
Images and Graphics
- Creating basic shapes
- Assigning fill and stroke to objects
- Selecting and Grouping objects
- Transform and modify elements
- Align and arrange content
- Placing images
- Frame fitting options and frame shapes
- Collecting and placing content using the conveyor tool
- Working with Layers and Organise artwork using layers
- Creating colour swatches
- Applying and modifying gradients
- Working with spot colours
- Adding transparency to elements
- Identifying common file formats
- Using the packaging feature
- Create a template
- Prepare page layouts for print
Enliten IT will provide each delegate with a workbook and other useful reference materials where applicable. These may be either paper based or in Adobe pdf format or a combination thereof.
“The trainer was knowledgeable and explained things clearly.”Knowledgeable trainer, explained things clearly
Enliten IT reserves the right to modify course content and materials as required in the interests of continuous course improvement, at any time, without notification.
The suggested course duration is a guideline. Course topics and duration may be modified by the instructor based upon the knowledge and skill level of the course participants.Other Adobe courses.
Contact us to discuss your training needs...