Adobe InDesign training courses
Adobe InDesign is the industry standard for laying out printed materials by managing page layouts to create posters, leaflets, flyers, brochures, newspapers, magazines, books and eBooks (for print or digital publishing). Add interactivity, animation, video, and sound to fully engage your audience and interact with Photoshop/Illustrator to bring together your finished article.
Our Introduction course covers the basics that give you the skills to produce professional looking marketing materials. More experienced users should look to our Intermediate course to learn the best techniques needed to work with and manipulate long documents.
We also provide training for older versions of Adobe InDesign, just call for a course outline.
Adobe InDesign CC Intermediate course
2 or 3 days
Adobe InDesign provides the perfect interface for designing professional layouts with sophisticated graphics and typography. This Adobe InDesign CC Intermediate course is designed to give you the necessary skills to create complex documents and work with a variety of palettes and tools to further understand the capabilities of this high-end design application. You will learn how to work quickly and effectively, speeding up tasks, reducing repetitive tasks, and creating documents so that they can be easily updated.Download PDF
What will you learn?
- Create complex documents for a range of screen and print jobs
- Utilise image features to enhance your layouts and workflow
- Create and apply advanced text formatting techniques
- Create interactive documents
- Import and format tables
- Take the ACA exam*
Advanced document and layout features
- Creating foldouts with Page re-shuffle
- Using page tool techniques to create custom formats
- Working with layers and layer options
Images and graphics
- Re-linking edited images
- Extracting image information
- Adjusting PSD import options
- Adding effects
Advanced Type management
- Inserting anchored objects and Inline graphics
- Adding type to vector paths
- Creating a table of contents
- Applying paragraph rules
- Modifying paragraph style options
- Creating bulleted and numbered lists
- Setting up text flow import options
- Adding footnotes
- Creating story jumps
Advanced drawing techniques
- Working with the Pen tool and shortcuts
- Creating compound paths
- Using the Pathfinder window
- Creating tables
- Importing tables from Excel and Word
- Styling tables and cells
- Add rows and columns
- Split and merge
- Creating bookmarks and hyperlinks
- Inserting URL and email links
- Placing buttons
- Creating a slideshow
- Placing movies
- Creating a basic animation
- Publish and share interactive documents online
- Manage and gather analytics for online documents
- Exporting files for different media
- Editing PDF presets
- Transparency flattening options
- Customising Preflight settings
ACA Prep (*3 day only)
- Using copyrighted material
- Identify design project requirements and deliverable
- Establish the purpose and needs for your target audience
- Mock exam
- Final exam
Enliten IT will provide each delegate with a workbook and other useful reference materials where applicable.
Enliten IT reserves the right to modify course content and materials as required in the interests of continuous course improvement, at any time, without notification.
“Trainer was patient and good at explaining/answering questions. Really enjoyed the course and found it useful – the book a welcome addition to take away and learn more and to go over what was covered on the course. Anna, Haskoning.”Trainer good at explaining/answering questions.
Contact us to discuss your training needs...