Adobe Illustrator training courses
Enliten ITs Adobe Illustrator courses cover the key concepts and techniques you need to produce great vector-based artwork. Our Introduction course is aimed at those new to Illustrator and covers the basics of creating quality artwork, type effects and web designs.
More experienced users our Intermediate course focuses on creative text effects, layering/masking techniques, path editing and live colour.
Our Adobe Illustrator trainers are based throughout the UK so most of our clients take advantage of our, cost effective, tailored onsite training options (we come to you!). Alternatively, come to one of our training centres.
We also provide training for older versions of Adobe Illustrator, just call for a course outline
Adobe Illustrator CC Intermediate course
2 or 3 Day Course
Adobe Illustrator is a vector-based graphics program that allows you to create professional quality artwork and type effects for print and web designs. This Adobe Illustrator CC Intermediate course is designed to cover advanced features including creative text effects, layering and masking techniques, drawing and path editing and using Live Colour as well as lots of useful tips and tricks.
This Adobe Illustrator CC Intermediate course is suitable for both CC and CS6 versions of the product.Download PDF
What will you learn?
- Create Compound paths to adjust Bezier curves
- Create Custom Brushes and various Graphic Styles
- Work with Transparency and other raster effects
- Adjust type and apply colour accurately
- Prepare documents for composite and commercial printing
- Enhance the workflow
- Using multiple artboards
Complex Drawing Techniques
- Using Tools: Pen, Width, Perspective grid, Gradient mesh for 3D shading
- The Appearance panel
- Compound paths
- The Expand Appearance and Outline Strokes commands
- Creating and using graphic styles
- Using ‘envelope distort’
- Using clipping masks
- Transparency and opacity masks
- Live Tools
- Generating a colour group
- Recolouring artwork with colour guides
- Trace Bitmap images
- Improve Trace results
- How does blending work?
- How to blend objects, shapes and colours
- Update blends
Creating custom brushes
- Calligraphy, Scatter, Pattern, Art, Bristle brushes
Advanced type features
- Creating character and paragraph styles
- Horizontal and vertical scaling
- Adding text to a vector path
- Adding gradients to type
- 3D effects: revolve, extrude and bevel, rotate
- Advanced blending techniques
- Photoshop effects in Illustrator
- Shadows and shading
- Drop Shadow and Outer glow
- Create & manipulate patterns
Print & Export
- Understand print terminology
- Using the Attributes, Separations, Flattener & Preview panels
- Creating Trim marks
- Optimising the effect quality by adjusting Raster Effect Settings
- Setting up and assigning colour profiles
- Preview artwork using CMYK soft proof
- Package option
- Create PDFs
- Edit options for PDFs
- Create separations with Spot colour
Enliten IT will provide each delegate with a workbook and other useful reference materials where applicable.
Enliten IT reserves the right to modify course content and materials as required in the interests of continuous course improvement, at any time, without notification.
“I found Gordon very engaging and knowledgeable. He was helpful and happy to ask questions. Rachael, New Store Europe”I found Gordon very engaging and knowledgeable.
Contact us to discuss your training needs...